1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSN Email ID Problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cwilmot, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

Frequently friends will send me email to my correct email address, which is: [email protected], and the message will bounce back to them with the following notation:

"Unable to deliver message to the following recipent due to being unable to connect to the destination mail server. [email protected]". Please note that somewhere along the way the word "hotmail" has been introduced into the suffix of my email address and thus has rendered my email address invalid. One of my regular correspondents who has experienced this problem on several occasions, in attempting to address me, tells me that he knows of other MSN subscribers who have also encountered the same problem. MSN tech reps. don't know the answer and just give me the run around. I've posted this problem here before, to no avail. Hopefully a new reader may have an answer. TIA. cwilmot

2. grybeard22

grybeard22

Hi cwilmont
    lets see if I can give you some help with this...

What you are having is what is called a "routing issue" with the msn email server...if at one time you had a pop3 email acount and were getting email via outlook express this is probably what caused this issue ....since recently all MSN email has been changed to webbase email .

What msn needs to do is "reset" your account at the server...now what you need to do is call msn tech support back and INSIST (and I say that very strongly because they will fight you all the way...lol ) on a level 2 tech and explain the issue that you are having with this email and they will send a request to the server team to reset the account . that is the only way that it can be done.....if the level one tech doesnt want to comply with you request demand to speak with a supervisor immediatly.

hope this helps you out
    former level 2 tech foe msn

3. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

Thanks, grybeard22. Yours is the most plausible answer I've had to this question and I've posted it in several other places. Recently there's been a lull in the manifestation of this problem and there's a remote possibility that they may have fixed it since I've complained to them several times about it. So I'll wait until it rears its ugly head again and will then approach them with your solution. Again, I'm most appreciative of your helpful response. This forum has been a wonderful source of support for me. Ragards, cwilmot

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice