1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Msn File Sender

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by techno-idiot, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techno-idiot

techno-idiot Thread Starter

Recently, like a complete idiot, I opened a zip file sent to me via MSN (it came with the message that it was image and image file for someones myspace). It ran a program of unknown nature and now when I sign in to MSN I apparently send the same zip file to the contacts on my list.

When I saved the zip file (and subsequently opened it) I saved the file to my desktop (as I planned on deleting it). After clicking it the file disappeared from my desktop. I ran Norton and Spybot Search and Destroy to no avail.

Furthermore, every so often, Symantec email scanner runs like crazy, often causing my computer to freeze.

It is clear that I have unwittingly installed some sort of program on to my computer (that possibly uses my computer to send emails?), I need to remove locate and remove this program. Any and all help is appreciated.

2. techno-idiot

Bump for assistance

3. techno-idiot

Bump for assistance

4. techno-idiot

After consulting some more techo-literate friends, I have learned that I have an MSN worm, but you probably already knew that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice