MSN Help...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kaotic Mind

Hey,
Im having problems connecting to msn at work...i tried signing in the other day and it keeps telling me that im behind a firewall or something or that im not connected to the internet,which is kinda dumb.
Anyways i know the company is running through a proxy server but i do not know the information so that i can enter it into msn so i can sign in.Is there anyway that i can find out the information of the proxy server without having to ask for the information?.By the way i realize that your not supposed to be running msn at work anyways but...what can ya do when your bored eh?..lol..
So anyways is there any program that i can download somewhere or somewhere that i can look on the computer itself to find the information so i can enter it into msn??
Im hoping that im making some sence here...if not just tell me lol..
Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks in advance,
Kaotic.

P.S

FYI im running windows 98 SE..

Could it be possible that cookies need to be enabled to sign on to MSN? Perhaps the Boss has cookies blocked? It's a thought.

Kaotic Mind

I already asked and cookies are enabled,but thanks for the thought...
What do cookies got to do with MSN Messenger tho??:confused:

A quick guess is that they are using a firewall, depending which version of MSN your running, some of them wont run behind a firewall, tried that one in uni!

Rutter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online