1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSN homepage

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by hotshot_9891, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hotshot_9891

hotshot_9891 Thread Starter

This is what the MSN homepage looks like when I open it from my computer(see attachment)!Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Attached Files:

• msn.jpg
      msn.jpg
      File size:
      103.1 KB
      Views:
  2. evilmrhenry

evilmrhenry

That depends on what you want to fix.

In order to bring Internet explorer back to a window, just hit the rightmost button on the toolbar. (The one that looks like its depressed)

The bigger problem is probebly caused by a bad setting, most likely a weird font size. Try changing the font size in IE.
    Another possibility is to go to the next available resolution. (from 640x480 to 800x600)

Or you could stop using MSN. :)

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

go to view on the toolbar & click on text & then smaller
    the best screen size is 800 X 600 ... set in properties by right clicking on an empty spot n the desktop /properties/settings

Savvy :)

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Are you running Internet Explorer or MSN browser? It looks to me like you need to try F11 if its MSN.

Ok, I see it now. Is it just the home page and is it happening today?

5. hotshot_9891

hotshot_9891 Thread Starter

Hello????????
    The problem is not with the full screen thing!I enlarged the window so that you guys could have a larger view!Doyce........I'm running Internet Explorer 6 in Windows XP Professional.
    And about the font size thing........Every single website(except MSN of course)is displayed correctly in my browser!

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Do you have Internet Explorer also? If so, try launching it to see if you get the same.

It is odd that it is only that page. My homepage is MSN also and shows fine.

7. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Can't be his resolution, since Xp will not allow you to set it lower than 800x600. Although, you can change the DPI in the advenced settings of the desktop. You could check out those and see if setting them to a different size makes a difference. Normal should be 96 DPI.

8. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

I think its setup in "view" for when they are on MSN & needs to
    reset there. Most likely its set as unicode. Text size can be changed per page there.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!