1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSN HOtmail email adress doesn't show

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by konzept2, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. konzept2

konzept2 Thread Starter

on my hotmail account, I will send a messsage to someone and I am told that my email address comes up as unkown in the receivers outlook. In a lot of cases it gets sent right to their spam folder. How can I turn this off?

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

You can't, they have to add you to their address book.
    If it could be turned off from the sender's end..........there isn't much point to it.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I just tested that, I sent myself an email from my hotmail address to my Outlook Express address, and I do not have myself in my address book in OE and it shows up how I set it up when I set up hotmail, with whatever name I put there.

4. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

Doesn't Outlook have the capability of blocking anything but "known addresses"? or at least diverting them to "junk"?

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I believe it's similar to OE. I can have a blocked senders list, or I can make a 'rules' where anything that comes from, say for example, TSG, go into one folder.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!