MSN HOtmail email adress doesn't show

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

konzept2

on my hotmail account, I will send a messsage to someone and I am told that my email address comes up as unkown in the receivers outlook. In a lot of cases it gets sent right to their spam folder. How can I turn this off?

You can't, they have to add you to their address book.
If it could be turned off from the sender's end..........there isn't much point to it.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I just tested that, I sent myself an email from my hotmail address to my Outlook Express address, and I do not have myself in my address book in OE and it shows up how I set it up when I set up hotmail, with whatever name I put there.

Doesn't Outlook have the capability of blocking anything but "known addresses"? or at least diverting them to "junk"?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I believe it's similar to OE. I can have a blocked senders list, or I can make a 'rules' where anything that comes from, say for example, TSG, go into one folder.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online