MSN / Live Messenger crashing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tarq

Ever since I've got back from holiday, my MSN Messenger won't work. It's setup to sign in as Appear Offline, automatically at startup but when the pop-up e-mail notification came up it would only go half way and crash. Leaving the window on the screen and everytime I roll over it there is an hour glass and if I click nothing happens. The MSN Messenger icon in the corner of the screen remains stuck with his billboard up in the air.

I tried uninstalling MSN and installing again, however since MSN Messenger isn't available anymore I downloaded and installed its new incarnation - Windows Live Messenger.

This is exactly the same, I now have a Live Messenger pop-up telling me I have e-mail but nothing I can do will remove it or let me into my e-mail. I have to CTRL + ALT + DEL it away. If I try and double click on the green man icon, even before it has finished signing in and produced the pop-up it won't even let me in.

It has become very unstable and crashes every time I try to use it, whereas the rest of my Windows Experience is fine. All other programs are running well, I did a Disk Cleanup / Spyware check and everything is OK on those fronts. It must be the program but I can't think why, I just want to get it working again.

Can anybody offer any advice?

Many thanks in advance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online