1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

msn messenger 6.2 won't run

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by krackerjax, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. krackerjax

krackerjax Thread Starter

I have been encountering this problem for a long time now but until this time i have bypassed it by simply running an older msn application ( 4 or the like ) but today I had a popup saying that i HAD to upgrade in order for msn to connect ( and i just kneeew this was going to happen ) so it automatically updated me to 6.2, the install runs perfectly and it is able to get onto my computer but once I start it and try to connect I get this message:

"We are unable to sign you into .NET messenger service, possibly because of a problem with the service or your internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the internet. 0x81000301"

possibly my computer just doesn't have the capabilities to run 6.2 because it's so old but i made sure to download the windows 98 version and i know i'm connected to the internet. ( cable connection )

please help?

2. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

3. krackerjax

good suggestion but nope.. no difference :(

4. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

5. TOGG

TOGG

If you have a look on Google you will see that lots of people have been having problems with v.6 since it first came out;http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+0x81000301&btnG=Google+Search

Funnily enough, my kids have never had problems with v6 on this old '98 computer on dialup, but, we've only had 6.2.205 for a couple of days so there's still time!

Here's one list of possible solutions;http://www.msn-problems.com/solve-msn-messenger-problem/sign-in/msn-messenger-sign-in-0x81000301.php Some of the others are to use 5 and risk the known exploits (probably not a good one), or install the 7 Beta version, which isn't subject to the latest exploit.

PS. I see jd_957 beat me to it, but I'll leave this post up, just in case it is of some help.

6. krackerjax

none of the TS offered by msn is helping the problem, since the error is a password error i tried resetting that in case msn has changed their minimums etc. for passwords, that didn't work either.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled as well. I just read the article that said msn is requiring a lot of people to upgrade for security reasons ( probably due t the recent problems of mass connectivity)

I also tried creating a new .NET passport but nada.

ATM I am going to try and DL 7 and then 5 and see if that helps. thanks for everyone's input, i'll keep you posted.

7. krackerjax

right, so for future reference if anyone finds themselves having the same problem as me, it seems to be msn 6.2 specific. I now have msn 7 beta up and running ( if not slowly lol) on my computer.

thank you everyone for all of your help.

Odd. Truly Odd.

lol

jax

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice