1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSN MESSENGER 8 Loss of Contacts

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by glaze, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glaze

glaze Thread Starter

I have roughly 178 contacts added through MSN Messenger 7.5. They appear coorectly in web messenger however only about 28 appear in Windows Live Messenger. I use a gmail account with a .NET passport, however I don't do anything with my contacts in gmail. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciate, thanks.

2. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

I've been getting this message since yesterday
    "Due to a connection problem, changes you make might not be applied to other computers you use"
    Since I let messenger cache itself on my computer instead of only online my contacts stay and I can still message them. If I didn't I would probably be suffering the same fate as you. After doing some searching I kind of think MSN is having some server issues (possibly related to the coming Yahoo integration). Heres a link you may find interesting reading and after come to the same conclusion as me .... wait it out and things will return to normal.

Current problems with Windows Live Messenger

I think if you try to use the web messenger or the plain old windows messenger (that comes with winXP) you'll find all your contacts are still there

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i installed live today and it did not recognise any of my contacts from MSN 7.5 but did add various unwanted email contacts
    So i restored back to before I installed live - so waiting to see if they fix this issue before upgrading

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!