1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSN Messenger Help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by reepnorp, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reepnorp

reepnorp Thread Starter

Recently MSN Messenger seems to randomly exit. I'll be on it, then all of a sudden the program just closes. The icon remains in the taskbar until I move the mouse over it. Also, after I log on, when I start the first conversation of the session, the Windows Messenger 5.0 installation starts. I've tried contacting the people at Microsoft, but they didn't help at all.

2. sunnidaze2k

sunnidaze2k

I'm sorry I can't offer any suggestions as I can't even get MSN messenger to connect; however, I do wonder if you have tried completely uninstalling it and reinstalling.

MSN messenger support wasn't very helpful in my case either.

Good Luck! :)

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Thread Starter

I've tried uninstalling both MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger, but no luck for me. They have some of the worst tech support ever. I've asked for help several times on different matters, and their advice is always the same. Uninstall, reinstall, give up. And I thought I'd mention I'm on XP Professional, and it's MSN 7.0 BETA, but I never had this problem until last week. It started the day I downloaded Firefox, would this have anything to do with it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice