1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

msn messenger problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by InfectioN, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. InfectioN

InfectioN Thread Starter

this is the error i get when i try to download it

" a dynamic link library "dll" initialization routine failed UNICOWS.DLL"

how do i get past this to install? i already unistalled and tried redownloading and installing.. but that didnt work.. its still doing it

2. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

3. InfectioN

InfectioN Thread Starter

well.. this is for my g/f

i have 6.2 and nothing is wrong. i searched for a unicows.dll on my comp.. and i dont even have it. yet 6.2 works fine. i have xp... she has 98. thats the only thing i can think may be affecting this.

i got her to unistall and reinstall and we are going to try it now that she has the unicow.dll file

i read somewhere else that a guy still couldnt get it to work until he put the dll file actually IN the messenger folder

if this stuff doesnt work.. then yeah, ill try to get her to dl the 7 beta

the funny part is.. this is all because she wants me to play wheel of fortune online with her.. but the only way to add a friend to play with you.. is to have messenger open

retarded

4. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

(y)
    what we do for love......good luck ;)

5. InfectioN

InfectioN Thread Starter

6. InfectioN

InfectioN Thread Starter

well downloading the unicows.dll didnt work

i dont know what to do

bah

7. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Why dont you try Yahoo messenger ? It does just as much and more than MSN you could at least give it a try and if you dont like it,then get rid of it......

8. InfectioN

InfectioN Thread Starter

well... you need msn messenger to actually play with a friend

i dont understand that. go to msn.com then to games then to wheel of fortune

you log on with your hotmail account. at this point when you play.. you enter into a window with the wheel of fortune game. you can play a standard game or you can play "invite a friend" game

at this point you see your friends that are logged on..... logged on to msn messenger

she was inside the screen just as i was in wheel of fortune. yet if you dont have msn messenger running.. then it doesnt let you play with anyone on a friends list

also.. while playing with random poeple.. when you "add this person for future play" it actually adds them to your msn messenger. which i dont understand at all. why go through that to make someone able to play with you.

my g/f actually suggested last night that i just get aol messenger. but i told her the same thing i'm posting here. you HAVE to have msn messenger to play with someone.. and you have to have it open and running

i filed a complaint to the "tell us what you think" button.. that goes with the game

she has 56k at her house.. so we didnt get to try beta 7 messenger yet.. it was already 1 oclock from having to download it twice from unistalling and reinstalling

9. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice