1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSN Messenger!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by BruceVS, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BruceVS

BruceVS Thread Starter

Hey guys.
    Today I was on msn msnger and i recieved an important phone number. as the person logged off I shut down that window...forgetting to write down the number as they logged off. Is there anyway to bring this back up? I have not shut down my comp or msnger since this happening in hopes of it :)

2. cammi

cammi

sorry, i dont think there's a way if you've just got a standard MSN Messenger, unless you have a program like MSN Plus which has chat logs.

3. blueboy75

blueboy75

what version of messenger have you got, ??

if you have got the logs the path would be listed in the following part of MSN6, not sure about other versions

Tools, Options, Messages, Message Logging.

if that is ticked youre in luck if not !!!!! no way

4. PCvirgin

PCvirgin

Bruce:
    I agree with Blueboy the MSN Messenger 6 version is more flexible and allows you more options when trying to complete a task like yours.

5. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

yeah, unless you weere usig Messenger Plus, or MSN6, or a third party chatter... such as trillian, then you are screwed

6. adambailey

adambailey Guest

simple you cant not on any of them!

7. adambailey

adambailey Guest

be more careful next time

8. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Well on six you can... or on any version that supports msn messenger plus. But the way it sounds like is that he is royally screwed. My best info would be simply to email them and ask for it again.

9. BruceVS

BruceVS Thread Starter

ok thanks...alls good i got it the # back :) I think I gunna turn on logging just in case from now on ;)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163837

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice