1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

msn messenger

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kaselea, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaselea

kaselea Thread Starter

I don't know computers that well and I am having a horrible time with my msn messenger and windows messenger. They used to work on my computer but now it is saying my .net username doesnt exist, but I can do it on anyone elses computer. I use Windows XP and have tried so many things to fix it, but nothing is working! I would really appreciate some help! Thanks.

2. scmazter

scmazter

U don't know computers that well aih? Well, leme tell u one lession u should never forget, ANYTHING that is made by microsoft has an endless number of bugs, flaws, security vunrabilities.
    Anyway here is what u should do.
    I recommand MSN 6.0 over Messager, simply because it is much better and supports more things.
    Go to control panel, add/remove programs. Remove MSN.
    Go to micorsoft's website, and search MSN, download the 6.0 version, and it should then work.

3. kaselea

kaselea Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice scmazter but it didn't work. I took off all messengers off my computer and downloaded 6.0. It still says the same thing that my username doesnt exist or the password is wrong. My friends get the same thing when they try to use msn messenger on my computer. I can check my msn email and everything just cant use the messenger. I can use my username and password on anyone elses computer with no problem, just not my own. I am so frustrated with this thing!!!!

4. scmazter

scmazter

OOOK, no problem err lol.
    Try running housecall , it might be a virus. Also did you do anything at all before it stopped working? Eg. Bought a new router, bought new anti virus, some kind of new powerful firewall?
    Or did you download any 3rd part files?

5. Holly3278

Holly3278

Have you tried clicking the Help button where the error comes up? It could be that someone has hacked into your MSN account and has changed your password. I have gotten this error message once or twice before since I have had Windows XP. I recommend clicking the Help button as I said and changing your password. That may or may not help you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!