msn messenger

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

veronica2573

HI,
I would like to use an instant messenger that I could use with my WebCam. My cousin in France wants to use MSN Messenger, but my father says he thinks he heard that you can get a lot of viruses through MSN Messenger.Any suggestion?:confused:

You can get a lot of viruses from just about anywhere, but it mainly comes down to how smart you are using the software. If you like to click on random links that pop up, then promptly shut off your computer and throw it in the garbage bin :p

I don't personally use any webcam, but my roommate had one for a while and he used AOL instant messenger which worked fine. I also know people who have used MSN and Yahoo messenger without a problem. It just comes down to which one you prefer the most, and what email address you have (need to have an msn/hotmail addy for MSN messenger, yahoo email for Yahoo, etc. they're free accounts, so if you don't have one you can just sign up for one).

Anyways, you should be fine using MSN Messenger.

Using the latest version of Messenger.(7.0) Final Version, not Beta, should minimize the chance of infection along with a anti-virus program that is continually updated.

But if Dad say's no...just stick to e-mail.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online