MSN messenger

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Derek72 said:
Can i use my Shaw account with mSN?
Don't think so. MSN has a mail box of its' own here:

http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?lc=1033&id=2

As you will note it has a larger than normal capacity & is free. If you are interested, you would have to sign up. You will also require a ".NET Passport" in order to access it. I would suggest you use MSN Messenger as a mail client but it also works with OE.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hawk

Derek72

im thinking you might be right about not being able too..

its weird though, my friend sometimes logs on with his @shaw.ca account.. but im thinking he may use trillion.. i'd ask him but he is never online..

thanks though..

I think that may be his reply to account or Home Page. (@shaw.ca)

I have "Contacts" that are using different reply to mail boxes. As I use MSN Hotmail as my "Primary" personal account, I just use MSN Messenger as my email client for MSN. OE, is used for four other accounts including eastlink.ca & yahoo.ca.

I find the parameters of Hotmail much easier & better to receive & send emails, etc. than OE.

Hope this helps.

You can log on with a shaw account, all you have to do is register it as a .net passport, for example i use an @gmail.com account for msn and its easier than creatinga new hotmail address cause theres so many you have to have ridiculously long names. I cant get a link for you cause im currently logged on and it wont let me create another passport, but google, 'register email as .net passport' and you should find it.

liquid_flame

Banned
you can use any email adress with msn messenger, aslong as you register it with the .net passport network ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online