1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSN Trys to login in when offline?!?!?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by gromit77, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gromit77

gromit77 Thread Starter

Hi,

This has been bugging me for aaaaaaaaaaaages, time to try and sort it out!

My MSN try's to sign in when I come offline. I go online, it signs in as it should great, then I come offline close my browsers etc so I'm looking at my desktop. A few seconds later the green man starts flashing and my internet connection dialog box appears asking me to go online. I cancel this, MSN stops, then a few seconds later it tries again. After the 2nd or 3rd time of this, it gets the message and doesn't happen again until I go back online and offline then the ritual starts again!

I'm not sure if it does this without me going online, after I boot, cos I usually go straight online first thing to check my mail etc.

Any ideas?

Neil

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

If by MSN you're referring to MSN Messenger? Then open Messenger (all versions have this feature just in slightly different locations), on or off-line, click the Tools menu; Options; Preferences. Clear the check box next to 'Run Windows/MSN Messenger when Windows starts.' Click the OK button. Close and Exit Messenger.

Start/Open Outlook Express; Click the Tools menu; Point to Options; Clear the checkbox next to 'Automatically log on to Windows/MSN Messenger. Click Apply; Click Ok. Close then restart Outlook Express for changes to take effect.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice