1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSN vs Outlook Express for E-Mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Cheryl, Nov 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

If I am now getting my e-mail on the MSN web page - (I have Windows 2000) and I would like to receive and send e-mail via Outlook Express, how can I accomplish this? What changes (configurations) need to be made.

Can you walk me through the steps.

Much Appreciated!!!!

2. yomaddog

yomaddog

Went thru all that myself,...
    Sorry, but I'm almost positive that your now stuck with Hotmail,...unless you drop MSN...MSN only uses Hotmail, which you can transfer your Outlook stuff to,...
    Hotmail uses Messenger for popups of new mail, & all sorts of other really neat stuff,....unless you have a real need for Outlook, you should switch to Hotmail ( I know it's hard to change what your use to ) You'll really get to love what MSN has to offer between Hotmail & Messenger, if you give it a shot...you can add up to 9 different users with all their own settings & their own email...be sure to get the latest download of MSN 7, & the latest Messenger,...they have an all new twist to them...
    Tell ya what,...I'm glad my family switched...

see-ya

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Actually, you can add any account you like to OE. Oe is possibly already set up to use through your ISP. Give it a shot, anything it asks for, like passwords, use the ones for your ISP. If you want to add the MSN o OE let me know. Let me know if you run into a snag on the OE also.

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice