msn wont connect on my pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cripps

Im haveing a problem loging on msn from my computer but I can login from anybody elses.In the bottom right hand coner of my screen I can see about every 10 sec it says attempt1 then attempt2 and so on but never connects. Im running xp o/s and have already went to restore, and restored the machine to a known date that it was working correctly this did not help nor did it make any correction.And I might also add that I am connected to the internet and can use internet exsplorer but again when I go to msn and sign in all I see is and attempt count.

If you are using msn explorer or the old msn connection program, you should try a standard dialup networking connection.

go to http://support.msn.com/accessnumbers.aspx

to get the newest list of access numbers for your area.

Then create a new Dialup Networking Connection.

your username will be

MSN/username

and your password will be your password.

create multiple dialup connections. (one for each access number available)

Then try them. (winxp should properly configure the dialup networking properites for you )

Also, in your dwelling, disconnect all phones from the phone jacks before attempting to connect.

Hope that helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online