1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

msn wont connect on my pc

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cripps, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cripps

cripps Thread Starter

Im haveing a problem loging on msn from my computer but I can login from anybody elses.In the bottom right hand coner of my screen I can see about every 10 sec it says attempt1 then attempt2 and so on but never connects. Im running xp o/s and have already went to restore, and restored the machine to a known date that it was working correctly this did not help nor did it make any correction.And I might also add that I am connected to the internet and can use internet exsplorer but again when I go to msn and sign in all I see is and attempt count.

2. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

If you are using msn explorer or the old msn connection program, you should try a standard dialup networking connection.

go to http://support.msn.com/accessnumbers.aspx

to get the newest list of access numbers for your area.

Then create a new Dialup Networking Connection.

your username will be

MSN/username

and your password will be your password.

create multiple dialup connections. (one for each access number available)

Then try them. (winxp should properly configure the dialup networking properites for you )

Also, in your dwelling, disconnect all phones from the phone jacks before attempting to connect.

Hope that helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice