MSoffice 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kuwaiti Kid

I have just installed MSOffice 2000 in a system running Ms windows 2000.

I can open MS word Or MS Excel but both programs close after just a few seconds.

If I try to enter data the programs will also close in the same manner.

If the prefernces menu is open the programs remain open but I cant use them.

Any help you can give me to fix this problem would be very much appreciated.

Hi Kuwaiti Kid

I had a similar problem when I installed Office Pro 2000 into Windows ME.

After a lot of hair-tugging and thumping of fists on tables I took the plunge and uninstalled it and started again from scratch, et voila, everything was hunky-dory!

I assumed the install had been 0.00000001% imperfect first time around and hey, it is a Microsoft product after all.

Go for it!

PS Make sure nothing else is running before commencing installation, particularly any anti-virus program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online