MSOffice Shortcut bar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

igottabeme

I consider myself relatively proficient on the pc, however, I'm at a lost as to what is currently going on. It started yesterday. I can no longer open a new Office document by clicking the "New Office Document" icon, on the Office Shortcut Bar. Every other icon on the Shortcut Bar works just fine. I have 17 other nonmicrosoft icons on the Office Shortcut Bar and they all work fine. New Office Document and Open Office Document cannot be opened from the shortcut bar.

The same thing happens on the Windows Start Menu.

When the system is initially booted, I can click the "New Office Document" icon and the New Office Document dialogue window appears. But when I select a template and click ok, the window disappears as it should, but nothing happens. If I repeat the process, I don't even get the New Office Document window.

By pressing Ctrl+ Alt+ Delete, the Close Program window appears and I see 2 entries for OSA. One of the OSA entries reads [OSA (Not Responding)].

As of yesterday, the only way I can open a new office document is by opening the specific program that I need (word, excel, powerpoint, etc.). Once the specific program is open, I can summon a new document from the File menu, open the new office document window, make a selection from the templates, click ok, and everything works fine.

I'm working with windows 98SE v4.10.2222A, MSOffice 97SR1, on a Dell Optiplex 240, 1.7Ghz, 640MB RAM.

I have reinstalled MSOffice twice, but to no avail. I defragged during the last week of March. I started having this problem when someone in the household inadvertently clicked yes when reading one of those phony "We discovered a bug on your system" popup ads that appear all over the net.

I removed that Spyware, but now what do I do? How can I get my shortcut bar and start menu back to normal?

Any Suggestions?

igottabeme said:
I consider myself relatively proficient on the pc,
I'm working with windows 98SE v4.10.2222A, MSOffice 97SR1, on a Dell Optiplex 240, 1.7Ghz, 640MB RAM.
I removed that Spyware, but now what do I do? How can I get my shortcut bar and start menu back to normal?
Any Suggestions?
-------------------------------------------------
Try this! Go To VIEW on the Main Menu.
Select Tool Bars
Select Customize
Use the RESET button

That MAY clear up your problem. The RESET resets the toolbar to the default condition. Maybe it will work for you.

JESSE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online