1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSPaint, stupid problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by CuriousGeorge, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Thread Starter

I recently reloaded Windows XP on this computer and got everything working the way I liked it except for one thing. A very stupid but very annoying thing.

Basically, I want my .jpg icon to look like #1 in the attachments below. But they stay like #2. I know XP must be capable of this since before I reloaded it, the icons were as I specified. But I can't figure out how to solve this annoying dilema.

Any tips?

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      1 KB
      Views:
  2. wilson44512

wilson44512

I'm not sure but this might help you
    To repair the file association for your .jpg files, you need to correct the properties. Right-click a JPEG file with the icon and choose properties from the menu. On the General tab, click the change button. then chose what you want associat with it . If you have a preferred image editing app select that. like MS-paint.
    When you click OK you should see all JPEG files on your system with an icon for MS-paint. When you correct file associations for one file, Windows sets the default for all files of that type on your system. hope this helps ya

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488303

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice