1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MSPaint won't open anymore

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Nyeh, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nyeh

Nyeh Thread Starter

whenever i try to open up ms paint i get an error with the following details

AppName: mspaint.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.0 ModName: mfc42u.dll
    ModVer: 6.0.8665.0 Offset: 00017103

2. Miz

Miz

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Paint.

If you're running WinXP, go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Add/Remove Windows Components (in the left pane)>highlight Accessories and Utilities, click the Details button. Highlight Accessories, click the Details button. Uncheck Paint, click OK as many times as it takes to close the windows to get back to the original Add/Remove window, then click Next. Step through the Wizard to uninstall Paint.

Once it's finished unintalling Paint, go back to where you can recheck Paint, click OK, OK and Next to reinstall it.

In Win98, Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Windows Setup tab>Accessories>Details button, uncheck Paint, etc. Once it's uninstalled, go back, recheck it and reinstall it.

3. Nyeh

Nyeh Thread Starter

uninstalled it then forgot that i lost my xp disc

4. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Some will load the Windows XP CD to a folder on the hard drive when doing the install but I assume you tried to install paint and it prompted you for the CD? If so, then it appears the CD wasn't loaded to the drive. If that's the case I highly suggest calling MS and getting a new copy. You really need to have the CD and as long as you have a legitamate copy they will get you a new replacement CD. There may be a small handling fee but the CD is very important to have.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice