1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"MSVCR80.dll was not found" using Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ziipii, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziipii

ziipii Thread Starter

When running outlook 2007 on my Vista Home Basic, Acer Travelmate 5620, i get the following error:
    "MSVCR80.dll was not found" and outlook will not open

i searched the net, and apparently its a problem native to those running office 2007, on acers with Norton. however, uninstalling Norton often doesnt help. I did however find the solution! (well it worked for me anywayz :D)

Open MS Word
    Click on the Office Orb in the upper left of the screen
    Click Word Options
    Click Resources
    Click Diagnose

MS Office will then run some scans and after about 5 minutes, the issue is corrected. Works very nicely.

It took me a long time to find this in Office 2007, but once I found it I figured that there is no better program to fix it then itself. Try it and you will be pleased, I have not had this issue since running this fix. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!