1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Muffled sound from external speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cullism, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cullism

cullism Thread Starter

I have a problem with the quality of sound coming from my Logitech external speakers. When I record using INport LP Recorder the sound from my speakers is muffled and not very loud. The same applies to sounds from my Age of Empires Game. On top of that, I get no sound at all when I try and play music from iTunes. I have troubleshot (troubleshooted?) audio devices and had an error detected Hardware changes might have been detected. Another test told me that Low audio device volume had been detected. I have tried adjusting various settings without making any difference (including increasing the audio volume). Is there a not too complicated explanation/remedy?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3292 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), 1422 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 97 GB (26 GB Free); D: 292 GB (180 GB Free); L: 292 GB (220 GB Free); Z: 75 GB (53 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G41M-Combo
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

2. cullism

cullism Thread Starter

An update on the above: I have managed to get the sound back on iTunes but it is still muffled.

3. cullism

cullism Thread Starter

I've solved my own problem! The plug from my speakers to the sub woofer was not fully pushed in. Not only was the sound muffled, it was only coming from one speaker.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1191974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice