1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mulder's Mutt bitten by a Rattlesnake!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Mulderator, Apr 23, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Mulderator

Mulderator Thread Starter

So here I am at work not having a particularly bad or good day and I get a call from my daughter telling me the dog was bitten by a rattlesnake in the back yard. Now we live up against a canyon, which is our back yard, so rattlesnakes in the yards there are not unusual.

So then I call my wife and of course, she knew not to call me because the vet had her Ok a FRICKEN $900 CHARGE FOR RATTLESNAKE ANIT-VENOM!!! :mad: If I get my hands on that rattlesnake (actually a shovel), I'm going to chop it into a thousand pieces for costing me FRICKEN $900!!! (assuming I get over the one irrational fear I have--of snakes--sort of like the irrational fear you see on display in civilized debate every day--you know what I'm talking about--the next world depression is around the corner or a million muslims are going to rise up and destroy western civilization in retribution against American imperialism or the Bush Administration is monitoring all of our e-mails and we are all going to be arrested if we criticize the administration type of stuff!)

You know what I could do with $900 bucks? Hell that's a new computer or 3 trips back to see moonmist (she usually pays for the hotel!). And then my wife had the gall to say that it was better the dog got bit instead of one of kids!!! That really ticked me off. That's what I pay for medical insurance for!!! If one of the kids got bit, it would have been covered under insurance (and its not that bad--most snake bites the snake doesn't actually inject any venom or very little--they save it for getting food--the kid might be sick for a day or something--big deal!) Sure, I would have had a co-pay, but nothing close to FRICKEN $900!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Gibble

Gibble

ROFL, and if you were in Canada you wouldn't even have to pay for the insurance!

3. Rockn

Rockn

A shot to put it down would have been cheaper. Can't blame the rattlesnake for doing what a rattlesnake does.

4. oldie

oldie

Moral to this story?

Become a Vet :D

5. hotskates

hotskates

Mulder, I hope the little mutt will be o.k.:)
    I'm sure that You will cherish him/her even more now that he's worth an extra $900.00 bucks:D

6. moonmist

moonmist

So basically.........you would have rather the dog died???? :( ....Money well spent I say :)

Why do I never remember your visits?? :confused: Nice to see you leave such an impression on me :p ;)

7. Rockn

Rockn

WHen you said dog I thought you WERE talking about Mulder.

8. moonmist

moonmist

Actually when I read it........i read it as "Mulders Butt bitten by a rattlesnake" ........figured he was finally being consumed by his own kind!!! ;) ............ :p

9. AlbertB

AlbertB

You mean you don't have pet insurance to cover it? I thought I was the only one mean enough to have a dog and not insure his little hairy hide! :( But then we don't have to deal with rattlesnakes over here, we get legal aid. :p

I was really starting to sympathise, then I got into that second paragraph! So I sent the snake a cheque and paid him for a contract to get the real hound next time. :D

(Seriously, I hope the dog is ok)

10. gws226

gws226

Hahahaha!!! My firm has better vet insurance then dental insurance!!!

THats what you get for working in Manhattan with a bunch of uptight Millionaires!! :D

11. Mulderator

Mulderator Thread Starter

No, but I wanted him to take his chances--the Vet bill would only have been a hundred bucks or so without the anti-venom--that's what was so expensive! It he is stupid enough to stick his nose near a rattler and he doesn't survive, that's natural selection at work. Unfortunately, in our civilized society, it doesn't work near as well as it did a few hundred years ago or most of the Civilized Debate people would have been weeded out already!!!

12. Gibble

Gibble

Brings you to the saying "I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people, just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem sort itself out"

13. Davey7549

Davey7549

$900.00 vet bill!!!! :D :D
    Boy am I glad I will not be your next client! :eek: ;)

"Yes sir I can help you out with being compensated for stubbing your toe on a shopping cart at the local grocery store but it will cost you a $900.00 retainer fee payable now, :rolleyes: plus 40% of any damages we receive". ;)

Dave

14. izme

izme

My dogs are priceless to me, I would do anything to save them regardless of cost. Alot of people put a low value on a pet. I don't. They are wonderfull and are a great source of joy & unconditional friendship and more. Even better than some people I have met. I have seen abuse of animals at such of a sick level that I cannot speak of it in here. If my dog was bit by a rattler, Even if it is natural selection, I would save him, and that is where he and I are lucky to have the technologie to save either one of my dogs. I can get rid of $900 dollars fairly quickly, my dogs will be with me for many years, so I cannot compare.
    I have a really close bond with my animals and Mulder, I hope your dog fully recovers.

><">

15. valley

valley

oh my! I can see why you are mad! 900 dollars! Man, my husband would kill me if I spent that kind of money without talking to him about it first and I would kill him if he ever did the same thing too.

Poor Mrs. Mully is sleeping in the doghouse tonight! :( But dont worry, you'll get over it. :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice