1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multi-faced problem

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Five, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Five

Five Thread Starter

Running XP SP3
    Monday eve I picked up the bug named Security Protection.
    It brought Everything to a halt.
    Tues I used my son's computer and cruised the net for solutions.
    I took the one that said to pretend to register it with fake email.
    Well, I didn't have to do that. I went to their window that said "activate" and clicked it.
    My ca virus program came up and said that a program was trying to access my register keys...so I clicked "block".
    And all the bug's stuff disappeared. Seemed that the problem was solved. ca did a scan and quaranteened an item which should have been it.

Now then, today I find that my printers do not work. The area for printers and faxes on the control panel is empty.
    I have and HP deskjet 932c and an HP deskjet 1220c
    The 932 says the spooler isn't running, and the 1220 says there is no software.
    Again I cruised the net looking for solutions. None of them worked. Spooler keeps turning itself off.

I tried to use microsoft Mr. Fix it, but it tells me that I need to have Net Framework 2 or later.
    So I go and download Net Framework 3
    And Mr Fix it still says I need Net framework 2 or later.
    So I look at my add remove program list.
    All the updates that came with NF3 are there showing loaded today,
    but no item that says Net Framework 3. Only the 1.1 is listed. Unless of course it is listed by a KB number and Mr Fix is mistaken.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I have done a search here for answers to this problem and see that any answers are really scarce.
    Why is that?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!