Multi Partition Boot/Multi OS install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xSoilworkeRx

Recently I reinstalled the OS on my computer. It was shipped with Windows XP HE SP2, but I formatted and put Win98 onto the system. Needless to say, it froze up at the Windows splash screen. So, I uninstalled it and put XP back on. My question here is, is there any possible way to put Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows XP all on one hard drive, and it work? I know how to partition the hard drive accordingly for the deed, it's getting the computer to actually run 95, 98, and 3.1. I'm cheating fate here, since I know 3.1 probably won't run on my 32-bit structure system, but it's worth a try.

My system is a Dell Dimension 4700 with 3.0 gHz CPU, 256 mb of RAM, and an nVidia 64 mb video card. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The XP boot loader will let you boot XP and one DOS-based Windows version (Win 9x or Win3.1). However, you can't run multiple versions of Win9x and Win3.1 on the same system -- unless there is potentially some 3rd-party boot loader that can do this, but I can't recommend one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online