1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multi Partition Consolidation Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ironmanflow, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ironmanflow

Ironmanflow Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

I recently partitioned my harddrive into 2 (c, d). Drive C contains all my documents and other media and drive D is my "active" drive for daily use. Now when i did the intital partion i was installing XP pro and i did not partition enough space on Drive D. I was constantly get "low space" messages. I decided to use Magic Partition 8 consolidate both drives ( a feature that is on the program its self). When i started the process it required a re-start (i guess to finish before logging into windows?). So the process started in a (blue screen state) and an error message came ( i did not write it down :( ) so it stayed there... i eventually decided to reboot.

So when i rebooted it goes back to "process is restarting" blue screen. After a few moments....a black screen comes up and the only thing active is my mouse. So obviously the process has taken over and will not allow windows to boot up. I decide to just start over and re-install windows. I put my boot CD in and it's not reading it( i hear it spinning). I went into BIOS and placed it as #1 in the boot order and it's still not receptive.

i am lost as MP 8 has not let go of the erroring consolidation process.... help.

VITALS

Windows XP pro

Dell XPS 140

HD SATA

2. Ironmanflow

Ironmanflow Thread Starter

please someone help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice