1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multi-router configuration help needed

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JohnSr77549, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnSr77549

JohnSr77549 Thread Starter

Attached is a diagram of a network I’m trying to get configured. All devices are on the same subnet.

The Moden/Router “A” is WAN connected to the internet. Its LAN IP address is 10.0.0.1. Its DHCP server function is ON. Its DHCP range is 10.0.0.101 to 10.0.0.199.

Router B’s default address was 192.168.1.1 but I changed it to 10.0.0.2 and turned its DHCP OFF. It is assigned static IP address 10.0.0.2. It is wired LAN to LAN to Router A.

Router C’s default address was 192.168.1.1 but I changed it to 10.0.0.3 and turned its DHCP OFF. It is assigned static IP address 10.0.0.3. It is wired LAN to LAN to Router B.

Four devices connect wirelessly to Router A and do have internet access. One computer connects wirelessly to Router C. That computer has a local USB printer.

I have three network devices that I assigned static IP addresses to so they won’t be changed by Router A’s DHCP service. Two are connected to Router A and one to Router B.

Router C has three Linux computers wired to its LAN ports. One of those computers has two USB hubs wired to it and several USB devices are connected to each hub.

I want to be able to access the internet from any of the computers simultaneously and I need to be able to print to any of the four printers from any of the computers. I also want to be able to access the USB storage devices from any of the computers and access files on any computer from any other computer.

When I connect wirelessly to Router B I do have internet access. Router A’s list of connected devices shows all the wired and wireless devices it should except for Router B. Also, the two wired devices I assigned static IP addresses to are listed by Router A as having the assigned addresses but as being DHCP not static.

Shouldn’t Router B be listed among the connected devices in Router A? If it would help I can post screen shots of the routers’ configuration pages.

Router B has a USB port for external storage devices so would it be better to move the three USB disks and a hub to Router B?

Thanks for any help or advice in getting this network configured.

JohnSr

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice