1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multibay drives for Compaq Evo D510 PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dannyyoung, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyyoung

dannyyoung Thread Starter

Hi everyone

I have just purchased a good little PC from eBay, it works really well, and it has a multibay drive on the front, where you can swap out CD-ROM for DVD etc.

The model is a Compaq Evo D51U ultra slimline. I am trying to source a DVD-RW multibay drive but I have not been able to find one on the web as yet. Although the descriptions for multibay drives that I have found are a little confusing.

This is what I have found:

MultiBay 24X CD-ROM Drive
    MultiBay 8X DVD-ROM Drive with RAM Read
    MultiBay 16X CD-RW Drive
    MultiBay 16X Combo DVD-ROM and CD-RW Drive
    MultiBay 20-GB Hard Drive

Now I don't believe any of these are actual DVD/RW drives - I need to be able to read from and record to DVD. Does anyone know where I could find out definitively if there is such a multibay drive available?

if not, what are my options - is it USB?

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice