1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiboot tricks for touchscreen laptop

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by NeedSomePizza, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeedSomePizza

NeedSomePizza Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have a HP Pavilion x2 12-b020nr 12" Detachable Laptop 2 in 1.
    Intel Core M3,
    4 GB RAM,
    128GB SSD

Currently dual booting with Windows 10 and Linux Mint

Overall trouble is that I need the keyboard attached to boot into Windows because Grub 2 is not Touch Screen capable.

I have been trying to figure out UEFI boot - but I might be FAR from a solution there and I am not sure that it is touchscreen either?? Pointers to simple how to and verification that it will work via touchscreen would help.

BUT - if that doesn't work or maybe in the meanwhile - I have been thinking about writing two versions of the menu inside grub. Then when shutting down either OS you could click on a script and choose which OS will be booted next. I would need scripts in both WIN 10 and Linux.

To add complexity to it all... My plan is to install Android X86 because it makes for a really nice tablet. I am thinking I will end up erasing the Win 10 setup since the SSD is so small. But don't worry about that yet.

OR... Is there another easy way?

Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211267

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice