1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

multimeda audio controller

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by debbies59, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debbies59

debbies59 Thread Starter

I installed winxp pro after formating my hard drive due to a backdoortrojan. And now i have no sound, in the device mgr. there are yellow ? marks by multimeda audio controller and also by SM bus controller,,can anyone help??

2. rude

rude

Sorry to have to tell you this,but,you need to install drivers for these two things(and maybe more).Microsoft has drivers for most things but it is always best to download the drivers from the manufacturer of your hardware.

To get the sound working again,go to Microsoft update,do the scan and install any drivers found.This will at least get some sound till you find the correct driver for your sound card.

While you are at it,make sure to install all updates and service packs.

As for anything else you need,the more info you can give us,the easier it is for us to help you,including system info,error messages,etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice