1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

multimedia audio controller gone

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by soundheals, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soundheals

soundheals Thread Starter

Hi, I accidentally deleted my audio controller, now need to get it back! How do I know which one to download and from where?
    Windows XP professional, version 2002 service pack 3
    Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
    2.81 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Any other info you need to help me with this, please tell me.
    soundheals

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties - Hardware - Device Manager.

What's listed there with a yellow ? or ! next to it?

-----------------------------------------------------------

What's the brand name, model name, and model number of your computer?

-----------------------------------------------------------

How did you "accidentally delete" it?

------------------------------------------------------------

3. Zorayda

Zorayda

I would also need some help with that. I have a Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3 and it's a 32-bit. Thanks!

4. soundheals

soundheals Thread Starter

Flavalee, I think I fixed my problem with the audio controller, worked with the guy who built the computer and he suggested I reboot from a certain place on the harddrive and that reinstalled it, essentially.
    (Sorry that's not a very satisfactory answer!) My mic still doesn't work, though, so now I need to test drive it on another device. to answer your question about deleting it in the first place, I was trying to make room on my partitioned drive so this older computer would work better, and saw that program was only used "rarely." Turns out I must use it a lot, if it deals with iTunes, so why it was labeled a rarely used program, I don't know.

soundheals

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Right-click RECYCLE BIN, then click Properties, then move the slider from its default value of 10% to 3%, then click Apply - OK.

Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties - System Restore, then move the slider from its default value of 12% to 3%, then click Apply - OK.

Click Start - Run, then type in %temp% and then click OK.
    When that temp folder appears, select ande delete EVERYTHING that's inside it.
    If a few files resist being deleted, leave them there and delete EVERYTHING else.

After all of the above has been done, empty the Recycle Bin and then restart the computer.

Your computer should now have more free space in the hard drive. (y)

Going to Add Or Remove Programs and haphazardly uninstalling entries, based on them showing as being used rarely, is a dangerous thing to do.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1053205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice