Multimedia Audio Controller - Help please!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AnnFennell

I have an HP Pavillion 752n with (I think) an Imperial Trigem motherboard. My Intel chipset is 845GL. I'm trying to load a fresh copy of XP (without all of HP's "crapware") and have everything done now except for the Multimedia Audio Controller. Device Manager says there is no driver. Windows can't find one. HP (claims) they can't find one (their solution to everything is to install their Mass Loss Generator - which they call "Recovery Partition" and it contains reams of adware, spyware, etc. They actually admitted to me that they SOLD SPACE on MY HARD DISK to ADVERTISERS!).

From one of my system id runs, I got the following in reference to the device.....

"Multimedia Audio Controller"
"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_3186109F&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&FD "
"The drivers for this device are not installed"

Any suggestions?
I'm not sure I can get back to this exact spot on the web again, so could you email responses to me at [email protected] just in case I can't find responses here?

Thanks,
AnnFennell

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online