Multimedia Audio Controller

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Foxy_Uk

Hi all,
I recenty formatted my TIME laptop and now don't have any sound.
In Device Manager, it states that there isn't a Multimedia Audio Controller detected.
This is where the problem starts as I had the motherboard replaced a few years ago. It was replaced with a pattern MITAC board and no drivers were supplied after the repair.
I ran Everest on the laptop to see if I could get any details but none showed.
Is there a generic controller out there that will work?

Thanks for any replies.

There aren't any generic drivers, if you really don't know what you have you could try installing drivers until one of them works. Start with Realtek (www.realtek.com.tw), they make most of the onboard sound chips. Failing that, you could try VIA (www.viaarena.com) or SoundMAX.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts