1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multimedia Audio Controller

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Foxy_Uk, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxy_Uk

Foxy_Uk Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I recenty formatted my TIME laptop and now don't have any sound.
    In Device Manager, it states that there isn't a Multimedia Audio Controller detected.
    This is where the problem starts as I had the motherboard replaced a few years ago. It was replaced with a pattern MITAC board and no drivers were supplied after the repair.
    I ran Everest on the laptop to see if I could get any details but none showed.
    Is there a generic controller out there that will work?

Thanks for any replies.

2. Arcadion

Arcadion

There aren't any generic drivers, if you really don't know what you have you could try installing drivers until one of them works. Start with Realtek (www.realtek.com.tw), they make most of the onboard sound chips. Failing that, you could try VIA (www.viaarena.com) or SoundMAX.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice