1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(?!) Multimedia Audio Controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by monkyking6, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. monkyking6

monkyking6 Thread Starter

I cannot get my sound to work for anything, This all happened when i installed windows 7 then sound did not work so i switched back, sound continued to not work. so i have a sound card (audigy 2 zs) that i have installed the drivers for and i disabled the onboard sound card with the bios and that did not work, so i have pretty much given up on the sound card and i would just like the onboard to work, i re enabled the onboard sound card from the bios and disabled my old sound card, sound still does not work, i have tried several drivers and chipsets that were suggested to me in another thread i made on the 15th, The previous thread is here, http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/860290-windows-7-no-audio-devices.html and nothing that was suggested works. Some additional information is that my microphone works completely fine when i had my sound card enabled but when i disable the sound card it no longer works and i get the below image in device manager.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. noodles71

noodles71

you need to completely uninstall the audigy drivers and reinstall the old drivers.yellow exclamation means drivers are'nt working

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Most of the problems with the yellow Exclaimation marks will be taken care of by installing your chipset drivers.

4. monkyking6

monkyking6 Thread Starter

I am going to need more help then that, i have no idea how i would go about even starting that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/861937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice