1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multimedia Problems - RealPlayer and Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tupguy01, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tupguy01

tupguy01 Thread Starter

I've been having a problem for awhile now with playing video clips. Regardless of whether I use RealPlayer or Windows Media Player, the player automatically goes to full-screen mode and does not allow me to access any controls (pause, fwd, rwd, stop, etc.). I would prefer not to have it in full-screen mode because the picture quality is not as good in most cases. The only thing I can do is watch the clip from beginning to end, then use Alt-F4 to close the window (the only way to stop it). I've tried changing preferences in both applications and it hasn't changed. What can I do to fix this?

Computer: Dell Inspiron 8100
    OS: Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 1

2. Topato

Topato

pressing alt and enter exits full screen.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/264892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice