multimedia skipping

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brad_schl

I'm having trouble with my multimedia skipping. It happens with everything, and in most any program.

Whether I'm running mp3s through winamp, video of any format through media player or other video software, or watching DVDs in PowerDVD, everything seems to skip every once in awhile.

Usually it's not bad, just a short buzzing sound as the sound skips, and it's so short the video seems fine. But sometimes it buzzes and pauses for a couple seconds before continuing.

I'm not sure what the deal is, or even what the problem is. I'd thought it might be something wrong my my audio codecs, but it happens in DVDs as well. I have really no clue.

You may have too many applications and processes running for the amount of memory you have in your PC. Run MSCONFIG and select the Startup tab and remove what you don't need. You can experiment as you can recheck any item if you find you needed it. You could also try raising the priority of the Process assoicated with the application you are using for music or DVD. Depress Alt+Ctrl+Del and right click the Process.

brad_schl

I don't believe that would be the problem. It has done it from the start, even with a clean install of XP.

Plus I have 1.5 gigs of ram, and total processes are taking up 235megs at the moment. So I don't think that can be the problem, though obviously I'm not absolutely positive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online