multiple active directores - apache

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dunc453

Hey
So I recently bought a VPS (Windows server 2003) and have got pretty much everything setup. I just have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer for me so here goes:

I design and develop websites and I want to start offering a more complete package in which I host peoples web sites for them as well as just making it, I did some research and found a VPS is probably the best way to do this. Since I have multiple clients I need to be able to host multiple sites each with there own domains and active directories. What would I need to do to make this possible. Im pretty sure I need to edit the httpd.conf file in the apache folder but im not quite sure exactly what to do to it for multiple domains and active directories.

The other question was, do I need phpMyAdmin. I have always used it with shared hosting but I didnt have route access, so do I still need it, is it worth the hastle(?) setting it up?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers
Duncan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online