1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple browsers issue...please help.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Achmetha, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Achmetha

Achmetha Thread Starter

I have three browsers. Firefox, IE 7, and Google Chrome. Firefox is the main one I use. With all three, I have been getting a very odd error on certain websites. On all three browsers, here is the verbage:

IE 7:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

Additionally, there is no option to Diagnose Connection Problems.

Firefox:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to (insert site here).
    SSL peer reports incorrect Message Authentication Code.
    (Error code: ssl_error_bad_mac_alert)

* The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    * Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

Google Chrome:

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at(insert site here) might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
    Below is the original error message
    Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown error.

So far, the scenarios where this happens:

- ordering a gift card for my sister on Sephora, right after I click the continue button after entering my credit card information.

- Clicking "submit" when I attempt to pay my Comcast bill online from my checking account.

- Transitioning to PayPal from most Merchants' online shopping carts.

...and a few more I cannot remember at the moment.

Now, I've tried absolutely everything I can think of. I've run the browsers in safe mode, turned off all firewalls and anti-virus programs, cleared out cookies/cache/history/etc., checked both SSL's in IE7...

Please help. There has to be a root issue I am missing.

I am running Windows XP 64-bit Professional SP2 (genuine copy), 2 GB of RAM, GeForce 6600. I've installed all Java updates and such.

I usually have AdAware and the NVidia Firewall Tray running in the background but like I said I've disabled them to see if they are contributing to the problem.

2. Achmetha

Achmetha Thread Starter

...and now it just started today with uploading photos to Facebook. I am so angry.

3. Achmetha

Achmetha Thread Starter

...really? No one will help with this?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

5. Achmetha

Achmetha Thread Starter

Excellent, thank you. I will try those and let you know.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/887129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice