1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple BSODs, freezes/automatic restarts for past months

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by conorblain12, Feb 13, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. conorblain12

conorblain12 Thread Starter

Hi there this is my first post on these forums so apologies if I'm not too familiar with the layout. I'm not too computer savy so if anyone could try simplify any answers/solutions that would be great. Basically the problem is for the past few months around start up of windows 7 I was getting freezes, BSOD errors (in particular IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL and Page_fault_in_non_paged_area being the main ones) and my pc would be in a continuous loop of booting then freezing or shutting down and I couldn't get the pc to work. I thought the problem could be corrupted windows files so I reinstalled windows onto my computer using the isntallation disk and installed drivers and all was working fine for around 4 days. Each day my windows would have importaint updates so I installed them when prompted. One day I all of a sudden started getting the same errors I got before, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGEED_AREA and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL and no new software had been installed at this point. I have tested ram and my hard drive with no errors showing although when looking at properties of my computer I have 20GB of ram (16GB Available) not sure if this has anything to do with it (2 x 8 GB sticks 1 X 4 GB stick). Hopefully you guys can help me out and prevent me shelling out on a new rig. Thank you, Conor .

2. Sponsor

3. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Hi, some reasons for Blue Screens
    New hardware - Software installed.
    Device driver - Video driver - corrupted - faulty.
    Faulty Ram - Overheating - Dying hard drive, etc.
    ======
    Post the Minidump files
    Create a new folder on the desktop and call it dumpfiles [or something similar]
    Look in c:\windows\minidump
    Copy the last 4 minidump files to that folder.
    Close the folder and right click on it and select Send To Compressed [zipped] Folder.
    Windows will compress the file and then save the new zipped file in the same location.
    Attach the zip folder by using the 'Upload a File' button.

4. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

Please Follow blues_harp 28's advice first.

Was your computer working fine BEFORE the updates? Sometimes updates can install an incompatible driver..etc
    Does your computer cause the same errors in safe mode? Try going into safe mode by repeatedly pressing the f8 key as the computer is starting up. click "safe mode" in the options.Out of curiosity,if you make it to the desktop,go to start/run/in the run box type "msconfig",hit enter.click on the startup tab. In the box that appears,see if chrome.exe is there or google chrome.If so,uncheck the box and restart in normal mode.Do you still get errors after that?

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA can occur after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM).

Another possible cause is the installation of a faulty system service or faulty driver code.+

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volum

5. conorblain12

here u go

Attached Files:

6. conorblain12

chrome is not listed, instead is steam and "HDAudioCPL". Also I still get these errors in safe mode.

7. blues_harp28

It will take some time to check the minidump files - I will report back as soon as possible.

8. conorblain12

thank you for taking the time, appreciate it a lot!

9. blues_harp28

Minidump check - in part.
    PHP:
    *******************************************************************************
    *                                                                             *
    Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
    Use !
    analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
    BugCheck 50, {fffff2800b0857200fffff80002b85eca7}
    Could not read faulting driver name
    Probably caused by 
    memory_corruption nt!MiDrainZeroLookasides+1da )
    FollowupMachineOwner
    PHP:
    Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
    Use !
    analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
    BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005fffff80002ba6579fffff88003167b98fffff88003167400}
    Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sysWin32 error 0n2
    *** WARNINGUnable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
    *** ERRORModule load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
    Probably caused by 
    atikmpag.sys atikmpag+105c )
    FollowupMachineOwner
    Two dump files are showing Memory_Corruption
    One is showing - atikmpag.sys
    http://www.systemlookup.com/Drivers/2736-atikmpag_sys.html
    However, were the blue screen error is reported is not necessarily where it first started and may not be the cause.

What did you use to check the memory?
    http://www.memtest.org/
    Scroll down to 'Download (Pre-built & ISOs)'
    'Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)'
    Download the ISO file then burn to a DVD
    Start the Pc using the DVD and run the memory test overnight or for at least 8 passes.
    It is best to run a full scan on individual Ram sticks if you can.
    Or run the test but if any errors are shown - then remove all sticks of Ram - test each Ram stick one at a time and test them in different slots.

Guide to using Memtest86+
    http://www.wikihow.com/Test-PC-Ram-with-MemTest86

10. conorblain12

thank
    thank you for taking the time to analyse the dump files. I will do the memtest again later tonight but for the atikmpag_sys is there something I can do to fix it?

11. blues_harp28

The minidump file that said memory corruption stated
    And so, it may still be a driver issue.
    A blue screen usually finds the weakest part of the system and then crashes.
    The first thing to do is run a Full memory test - 8 passes or overnight and see what that finds.
    ======
    Let us have some Pc specifications.
    Check and post
    TSG System Information Utility - found here.
    http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Edit
    No need to quote my reply to you in your next post.
    Makes it harder to read all information.

12. conorblain12

CPU - AMD FX-8350
    motherboard - Gigabyte 970A-D3
    RAM - 2 x 8gb ballistix 1x 4gb
    GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7990
    anything else to mention?

13. blues_harp28

14. conorblain12

would i have to be on the pc and download the file? the problem being i cant actually get onto the internet at the moment due to constant crashing.

15. blues_harp28

What is the make and model number of the pc?
    What version of Windows 7 do you have installed?

16. conorblain12

was custom built (not by myself) and windows 7 home premium 64 bit

17. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!