1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple BSOD's on a new custom built PC

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Prykor, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Prykor

Prykor Thread Starter

I'd like to start off by saying hello and thanks to any help thats given. Now on to the problem.
    Specs:
    AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision Model HDZ555WFGMBOX
    ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
    Rosewill Smart One ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, Black interior, comes with three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Rear
    Rosewill RV2-600 600 W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready Power Supply
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDS118-04 - OEM
    HIS H577FM1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I bought this all recently and had a buddy help me put it all together. After installing Windows 7 64-bit I was impressed at the speed but then I started to get lots and lots of BSOD's. They varied from time to time, including Memory Management to IRQL Not Less Equal, Data Bus Error, Bad Pool Caller, etc. I reverted to the stock settings and Im still getting them, sometimes it runs for hours without one, sometimes it does it on start up. The CPU and GPU temps are always below 40C. Ive installed and updated all the drivers so Im at a loss. I started to run Memtest but had to do something else so Ill run it again and post the results. Please anyone, I need help, this is causing alot of frustration and I just want to have a stable PC >.>

2. Prykor

Prykor Thread Starter

Also I have a bunch of Minidump files if anyone wants to take a look at them

3. antech

antech Banned

Please post the Minidumps here.
    Is the RAM compitable with the Mobo?
    Most BSOD's are caused by incompitable RAM.

4. Prykor

Prykor Thread Starter

Yeah its all compatible. I also ran Memtest but I dont know what any of it means xD

Attached Files:

5. antech

antech Banned

The File "ntoskrnl.exe" seems to be the culprit.
    Maybe its a malware infection.
    In all the dump files posted by you "ntoskrnl.exe" is the problem.
    However,all the Minidumps are due to different causes.
    One of the is due to RAM,
    as the PC is recent,
    consider changing the RAM.

6. antech

antech Banned

Follow the below Instructions Carefully:

1. Download Hijack this from the link.

(Choose the installer of HJT—Hijack This)

2. Run a Scan.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING BY YOURSELF.

(Doing so when NOT Instructed Might cause Unwanted System Instability, BSOD's and Even Render your System Unusable)

3. Save a Log file (On your Desktop)

4. Copy and Paste all the contents.

5. Paste them in the Reply Window.

I am NOT an Authorized Malware Remover.

The Log is requested by me only for Optimization Purposes, troubleshooting and removing applications that are causing various problems such as Crashing, BSOD’s and Freezing and helping the poster remove any incompatible application/program and driver.

I will therefore NOT help if anything related to Malware is found in your log.

The thread will then be moved to the Malware Removal Forums for expert assistance.
    I am posting TWO replies’ so as to prevent cluttering.

(Please don’t misinterpret me that I am flooding the forums)
    Sorry if I seem contradictory to anyone.
    This is done to Prevent Confusion.

7. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I looked at five of your logs. It looks like you are having random errors, which usually points to memory, the CPU or motherboard. When you run Memtest you need to let it run for several hours, and it should not show any errors (red in the lower half of the screen).

8. Prykor

Prykor Thread Starter

Im thinking that it is most likely the RAM since I just UC'd it to 1333 and so far have had no BSOD's. Ran Memtest on it at 1600 for like 12 hours and got like 100 something errors. Ill run it again at 1333.

9. antech

antech Banned

The RAM seems to be the culprit now..

10. Frank4d

The MOBO manual recommends to install the 1600 RAM in the white slots. Is that where you put them? Also check in the BIOS setup to verify the 9-9-9-24 RAM timings are being correctly detected.You may need to tweak the timing.
    Keep in mind if your PC won't run with the RAM at 1600 speed that it isn't necessarily bad RAM.

11. Prykor

Prykor Thread Starter

Oh well theres the problem. I have them in the blue slots currently. I always had the timing set at 9-9-9-24, but If I set it to 1333 should I keep the same timing? BTW Ive been running at 1333 and still have had absolutely no problems.

12. antech

antech Banned

The RAM installed should be in the white slot.
    Can't BIOS Detect the RAM Timings automatically?

13. Frank4d

There seems to be an echo in the room.

14. antech

antech Banned

SOrry ,Frank about that...
    But can the BIOS detect the RAM Timings automatically?

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice