1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

multiple BSOD's-this may be a long road!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kmcg123, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmcg123

kmcg123 Thread Starter

Aug 10, 2012
    Hi Guys,

I have an acer aspire timeline 5820T laptop, with windows 7 home premium.

it ha suddenly stopped booting. When i try to boot, it will give me a BSOD which could say almost anything-system service exception, irq not equal, bad driver or say nothing at all other than error codesd which can also be any number of different codes! I haven't installed any new software or anything but there may have been a MS update installed, im not sure.

When you turn the machine on it will say repair startup. if you select yes then the startup repair begins but either freezes, give any one of multiple BSODs or says system restore. if you select yes then the restore starts and lo and behold-BSOD, again could be any of the above.

i can occasionaly boot in safe mode (will only sometimes allow without the BSOD) and actually get to my desktop without a bsod appearing, but when i do i get an error message saying something along the lines of "you will be logged off and windows will restart in one minute"

then the whole cycle starts again.

no matter what i do it simply will not boot correctly nor restore to previous point before crashing.
    i am using an old pc for now, but any advice is greatly appreciated!
  2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Dave Trusted Advisor

Nov 11, 2002
  3. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Dec 26, 2002
    From the UBCD, also run a hard drive test, the BIOS should tell you the model of the hard drive and each manufacturer has their own tool for testing which can be found on the UBCD.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064628