1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple choice of mouses

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PhilzzGood, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilzzGood

PhilzzGood Thread Starter

Does anybody know if a program exist that reads the PS2 upon boot up and if nothing is there it automatically defaults to a com port for the mouse. A friend of mine has a laptop with a serial mouse he uses at home and a ps2 mouse at work. Also with it defaulting to the serial mouse would the laptop built in mouse controls still work.

Thanks,
    Phil

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Not sure I'm following you.........whatever mouse is connected will be recognized.........as a matter of fact it is possible to have two mice connected.........right now I have a USB mouse and PS/2 mouse connected (for testing purposes) and both work.

3. active95

active95

Isn't windows supposed to do that for you? I mean upon bootup , windows (98/98se/Me etc..) inquires about the hardware installed and it should know if you have a serial or PS/2 connected.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/103673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice