1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple copes of MP3?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by abot, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. abot

abot Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm a newbie and was hoping someone could help.

I have a wedding coming up and wanted to have MP3 players as return gifts with our favorite songs. Rather than programs the players one by one, does anyone know how I can drag and drop my music to a bunch of players that I have daisy chained together on USB 2.0 hubs. Right now, I can only drag and drop one at a time and to do 200 will take a really long time.
    Thanks guys

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Welcome,

So your saying you want to put mp3 files into the mp3 player, right?

Well, you'll need to open My computer and open removable device, then put the mp3 files into the removable device.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    FWiW, I read abot's post as wanting to program 200 players with the same set of songs, not one player with 200 songs. Then again, I could be wrong. :)

4. abot

abot Thread Starter

As Chuck said, I am looking to programm 200 players with same songs and not indivdually

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    As far as I know, the USB standards do not support any kind of data broadcast mode where a single host (your computer) can send the data one time and have it saved on all connected devices.

If the computer can recognize the player as an attached storage device, you may be able to connect a number of devices as individual drive letters and then use gamerbyron's suggestion and start multiple copy sessions to each of the players. You could then come back later when all of the attached players are filled. If you are using a single USB 2.0 port on the computer as a starting point, the maximum data rate will be a bit under 60 Mbytes/sec

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!