Multiple DACONFIG's running...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bluemike

I am trying to get to the bottom of an intermitant system slowdown on one of my NT4 workstations. One of the guys just hollared at me because it was happening again, and I opened the task manager. I found about six processes running called daconfig.exe. What is this process? Could it be causing my slowdown? Below, I've pasted all the processes that were running at the time. If anything looks not right, let me know...

0 Idle.exe
2 System.exe
20 SMSS.exe
24 CSRSS.exe
34 WINLOGON.exe
40 SERVICES.exe
45 LSASS.exe
94 navapsvc.exe
97 npssvc.exe
103 RPCSS.exe
92 NDDEAGNT.exe
114 ziptoa.exe
128 PSTORES.exe
131 mstask.exe
107 alertsvc.exe
144 daconfig.exe
148 LOADWC.exe
155 Imgicon.exe
79 navapw32.exe
42 plotter.exe
49 DDHELP.exe
192 hpzeng03.exe
171 Job.exe
188 daconfig.exe
117 daconfig.exe
73 daconfig.exe
166 daconfig.exe
198 EXPLORER.exe
224 daconfig.exe
199 IEXPLORE.exe
112 DRWTSN32.exe

Thanks,

Mike

Brooks

daconfig.exe is the executable for 3Com diagnostics. It is not required for the the card to run. You can disable it if you want to. I am not sure why it would have 6 copies of itself loaded at one time though.

Were any of the apps showing a large amount of processor time when it happend? Also was one taking up a large amount of memory?

Also, it looks like something might have just crashed on you since I see DrWatson poking his old nappy head up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online