Multiple displays

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bdjackson

Just need some clarification for my at home work set up. When at work i use a docking station that is connected to 2 displays laptop is always closed. While at home I would like to have the same sort of set up. Where I can use multiple displays and not worry about the laptop screen. Have them as a extension not a duplicate. Can I use a hdmi splitter?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, and welcome to TSG.

An HDMI splitter will show the same thing on both screens.

If the laptop does not support two separate displays your best option is a suitable dock. Depending on what is being displayed, you may be able to get away with a USB based video controller. It would be good for displaying things that do not change much, like a spreadsheet or a document. Playing videos might have a problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online