Multiple domains pointing to one website

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

teachingwiz

Someone told me that it would help my business to buy a bunch of domains with locations and keywords in them, and have them pointed to my main website. So, I bought six new domains and had them pointed to my main website. Then, two other people told me that I can get blacklisted on Google for doing that. I was told that I should immediately take off the pointing, and retain ownership of the new domain names, so other people can't get them. So, now I am totally confused and don't know whether to remove the pointing or not.

JiminSA

Jim
You've gone to a lot of effort to obtain external links, which are indeed used by search engines in calculating rankings. But I suspect that your ploy once discovered by human monitors would indeed cause them to take a dim view of your tactics. Personally, I would take them out and pursue legitimate links with similar sites - this is worth reading ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online