1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple e-mails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Gill, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gill

Gill Thread Starter

Hi folks;

I'm having problems with outlook express.
    I'm getting multiple copies of some e-mails, even though the senders have only sent them once.
    My outlook express also keeps stopping responding, so I have to keep restarting it, after each e-mail has been recieved.

Help!!!!

2. Del

Del

Have you checked with your ISP to see if they are having problems with their pop server? Sometimes when having mail server problems, you get multiple emails and hanging.

3. peter_pirate

peter_pirate

This happens when your outlook express gets cut off from your pop mail account, without having time to clean up from the server. So next time you use outlook express to download messages, the old messages are still there and get downloaded again. I know this because it happens to me all the time. I think this is because my internet connection is so bad!
    Peter Pirate

4. Gill

Gill Thread Starter

Thanks for the explanation Peter.

My internet connection seems to getting worse, up until a few days ago I could connect to a speed of 48000bps now I can only get 44000.
    Do you know if this will be the fault of my isp. Or will it be
    something to do with my computer?

Gill

5. peter_pirate

peter_pirate

I'm a bit out of my depth here, but I think it could be your phone line, if your on a dial up modem. Or, you could have lots of programs accessing the internet, which you can tell by installing a firewall, like zonealarm. It could be your antivirus scanning each email as it comes in, maybe. Or, if you are on Hotmail, and downloading hotmail messages, I heard that Hotmail was slowed down by a virus. But that's probably over now.
    In my case, I'm living in the third world, so I have got a shitebeyondbelief phone connection!
    Hope you sort it out, but I think it's probably not your computer. Somebody else's fault, I'm sure!
    Peter Pirate

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice