1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Email Address' or a single address

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jozza800, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jozza800

jozza800 Thread Starter

Hello.

I currently maintain 15 websites, for various different DIY products. Each website has its own email address. We have some one who deals with all email enquiries. We are noticing large amounts of spam. It has been suggested that we use a single email address for all 15 websites.

Other than its going to be a nightmare editing all of the websites to 1 email address, what other pros and cons are there for this idea.

Thanks

Michael

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    not sure how this will reduce the spam necessarily.

a good spam filter may help.
    o you know which email is giving you the most spam

I have about 5 websites and emails and get spam in most of them, infact one email I use most of the time for webuse and that gets most of the spam

3. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
    Changing the SMTP (Email) address would certainly help. I don't see how using one single email address for all 15 website will help with spam. I would suggest 1 email address for the business, and 1 email address to collect all your junk. For instance, whenever I register at a website for some meaningless junk, I always use my hotmail address. Then all the junk goes there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/687023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice