Multiple Email messages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

prpltbrd

Hi, I have a friend of mine who sent out an email this morning to a group of people and I have received the same email (up to this point) 12 times today. I have another friend of mine who received the same email and she said she has received the same number of messages. Is there something I need to check on his computer to find out what the problem might be? I will be talkiing to him later to find out what kind of problem he might be having and I will probably be working with his wife to determine the problem. I will have her run HJT and spybot S & D and Adaware to find out if any of those have a problem. But is there anything specific that I should be looking for. I have the latest Norton's av definitions (just checked this morning) and I am not being told that there is a virus in these messages when they show up.

He did send out a file and all that is in the file is a powerpoint presentation.

Could you help me out with this?

Thank You

It could just as easily be the server as his computer. I'm receiving e-mails from this forum for post that were made two days ago, and also for post that have never been made :rolleyes:

We need more information about his computer in order to fix it (if it needs fixing). 9 out of 10 times its the servers fault. There has been a LOT of bad viruses lately and e-mail servers have been hit very hard :( I kind of feel sorry for them :p

prpltbrd

OK, Thank You. I will talk to him in the morning and find out more. I will let him know that you were saying it might be the email server and not his computer. Thank you for your help and I will get back on here after I talk with him in the morning.

Thank You

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online